Saturday, October 2, 2010

SEW-Spiritual Emphasis Week

This week at my school we had spiritual emphasis week (SEW). SEW is a week where we have chapel everyday and there is a common theme addressed by a speaker and usually a really awesome band comes and leads worship. this year is was a really great time for the whole school. in the past it was always kind of a pain in the butt because we got out of school late and it interfered with the schedule and blah blah. but this year it was so so SO amazing for me personally and for everyone else. i know of a few people who officially came to Christ because of SEW. We had guest speaker Greg Speck and guest band Dutton! they were so awesome and so close to God and so entertaining. This week God really spoke to me through Greg Speck. I need to have no fear because 'if my God is for me who can ever stop me'!? A quick fact about myself: Im pretty paranoid in general, ask any of my friends and they will tell you. I carry around pepper spray on my keys and i walk in parking lots with my finger on the little spray button and i literally run into my house from my garage after getting out of my car because one time i though there was someone stalking me in my garage, and i always check my backseat before i get into my car alone. needless to say, being a girl in a big city today can be frightening, and i like to take precautions. But in SEW, Greg Speck reminded me that surrendering my life to Christ means that i should have NO fear because 'if my God is for me, than what can stand against me'? He reminded me that Satan is out there and he wants to stop me and scare me and ruin my life because i love God, but he also said that i should not be afraid because Satan is like a huge 7 foot tall man who comes up to me in a parking lot and tries to scare me off by threatening me, but God is like a massive 10-12 foot guy who loves me more that Satan hates me and is like my personal body guard willing to beat Satan up if he lays a finger on me. because of Greg Speck's analogy i will remember God's love for me when i feel frightened. also Satan tries to ruin our lives by doing bad things to us, like when i injured myself this week. i had a performance coming up the following day and one on the following Tuesday, but now i can't do either of those things and i feel like i have let my other dancers down and i know that this is one way Satan is attacking my life. but my friends who were with me reminded me that Satan is only 7 feet and God is 10 feet tall, and i should not be afraid. it was so awesome to have my friends there encouraging me with uplifting thoughts about God. I LOVED SPIRITUAL EMPHASIS WEEK! i got so much out of it and i feel like God got Hid message across to me through Greg Speck.

No comments:

Post a Comment