Sunday, September 26, 2010

Freddie Gage "Tears for Souls"

Recently in Missions class, we watched a sermon by Freddie Gage called "Tears for Souls". It was incredibly convicting as is any sermon that addresses how we are not acting the way you should. "Tears for Souls" addressed the fact that Christians have become selfish and secluded. We don't care any more about wining souls for Christ. We are too busy worrying about ourselves to care about the mass amounts of people who are not saved and do not know Christ. God was definitely telling me something about this because that is not the first time this topic has appeared in my life recently. One of my best friends is struggling with trying to win a specific soul for Christ and she is so very passionate about her mission! Whenever she talks to me about this person who she is trying to reach, lets call him Rob, she gets so emotional and it makes me feel equally as passionate. All Christians should be like my friend who care so much for others, including myself. I am so absorbed in my own life and so invested in my own well-being that I forget about the souls of those who are wondering around lost in the dark. I need to get over my selfishness and shyness and win souls for Christ. All I have to do is introduce myself and tell them about God. If hey ignore me, at least they had the chance and maybe I planted a seed of curiosity. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. In my senior year in high school in 1974 I attended a Freddie Gage crusade. He had us fired up alright. It was wrapped up by asking for donations for his ministry. And they really put the squeeze on us. I had a little over $300 that I had saved. At the end of it I was down to just over $40.One girl said that she overheard him tell a woman working with him to "take the money and run." He was a gang leader who "heard the call" and overnight is transformed into a firey evangelist and is having people shell out their money to him. Hate to disappoint you but I'm afraid some things are not as they appear

    ReplyDelete