Wednesday, September 15, 2010

God's purpose for us is to ultimately bring Him glory. He does things that bring Him glory in the long run that we might not understand now (in the short term). For example someone you know dies without knowing Christ, and this sets a fire in you to make sure that you do everything in your power to make sure everyone you know and care about knows and loves God. Your friend's untimely death would be the tragic part that we cannot understand, but ultimately, God gets the glory in the long run because your friend's death caused other people to know and love God.

Knowing that my purpose in life is to bring God glory is very encouraging to me. I love him so much and I want others to understand and share that love too. Knowing God's purpose for me gives me direction in my life and even stability because as a high school student, the pressure is on to figure out what i want to do with the rest of my life, and i think i am too young to know what i will do with the rest of my life, so knowing what God's general purpose for everyone is, is reassuring and stabilizing.

Satan is very evident in society and he is trying to stop God's children from doing what God's purpose for us was, which is giving Him glory and spreading the word. I see this in peer pressure and 'mob mentality' within friend groups. there is peer pressure to do what everyone else does and to be the same, and not stand out/be different. this stops many people rfom speaking to their friends about God because they want to fit in and not say something that someone may not agree with.

knowing God's purpose for my life-bringing Him glory- changes the rest of my life because it lets me know that i serve a higher purpose with a higher plan that i cannot understand. this puts me at ease and i can relax alittle more as i go thru life. also knowing this lets me take the focus off of myself and serve others, especially Christ. i hate when i become all about me. i get sick of myself eventually, and knowing that there is a higher plan that does not revolved around me is comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment