Tuesday, September 7, 2010

God's narrative, the bible, encourages me to be apart of the mission for God because God used little people, who were generally unimportant, in big ways. I am a little person who is not a president or queen, or influential in my surroundings, but through reading the bible, i can be encouraged that God will use me to do important things that i cannot yet understand. when i am feeling unimportant the bible reminds me that i am important to God and i can be used to do all sorts of things. for example, Mary Magdalen was an unimportant 15 year old girl who God loved and decided to use. i am reminded of the bible verse that says not to be discouraged because of your youth. this also encourages me to join the mission for God even though i am young. 
If i approach the bible as one story of the history of man, i see history in a different way. i see history as God's plan and i also see the future as God's plan. One idea that is new to me is the idea of our lives being apart of the history of the bible and the future story that God has in story for us. i am apart of His purpose, to spread the Word of God, and i am as much apart of the bible as it's main characters because i as spreading the Word also.

No comments:

Post a Comment