Tuesday, October 19, 2010

1st quarter reflection

so it's October 19th, the second day of the 2nd quarter. i have successfully survived my first 9 weeks of Senior year. Missions class has been such a blessing to me through out the whole time. it has been a nice break in my day where i can learn more about God and enrich my spiritual life.
through the past 9 weeks in this class, God has been teaching me 2 main things: not to be lukewarm, and that i should not let my blessing of money ruin my spiritual life. i have always loved God for as long as i can remember, but i God has recently shown me areas in my life that i have been lukewarm in. one of those areas is reading the Bible everyday. i go through fazes where i read everyday and then i get lazy. it takes 30 days to create a habit, and one day to break it. i break the habit of reading everyday very easily, and God doesn't like it. so i am trying my hardest to read on a daily basis once again. also God has brought it to my attention that He hates lukewarm Christians. because i am lukewarm in areas of my life, He hates that, and i could go to hell for being lukewarm. this scares me, so i am desperately praying to God that he will correct this in me.
the other important thing He has revealed to me through missions class is that it is very hard to be rich and go to heaven. this also scares me because i am rich. living in America makes me rich, and on top of that, i am in the top percent of the middle class. people like me don't easily get into heaven. i have been trying to be more compassionate to the poor and weak. those who help the weak will be blessed (psalm 41:1-3). i do love God, and i want to go to heaven, so i am trying my best to make God pleased with me through how i live. i am trying not to be lukewarm in any area of my life, and i am trying not to let my wealth ruin my relationship with God.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Bayley, it has been a fun first quarter together!

    ReplyDelete