Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Radical video review

My personal opinion of the Radical videos is that they are boring and too long. they are very informational and helpful, but they do not hold my attention. i think he talks kind of funny, and that is distracting when i am actually trying to pay attention. I think he tries to make things too dramatic in order to catch the audience's attention, but i think its over the top. I think it's neat though, that he is so young and has his own church and that he is expecting such amazing things out of people instead of being conventional and ordinary.
I feel these videos of sermons are not benefiting my spiritual life. i can get the same effect in church, and i do, every sunday, so that is why i think these videos do not hold my attention. It would be much more beneficial to help other people and actually do mission work than to watch videos that are mostly about how rich people can't go to heaven. also they are too long, so the speaker loses my attention quickly. i do feel i benefited from one of his sermons. the one about his friend's last sermon was really impactful because his friend's words were so inspiring.
i think he does a good job at preaching, but i don't feel like this class should be about being preached at everyday. that is why i am not interested in these videos. they get old after a while. i do, however, appreciate that he is young with new ideas and new styles of teaching and not old ways of presenting material. the logo of Radical is appealing and fresh, which is a good change of pace from plain and boring.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your honesty. The series definitely isn't for everyone.

    ReplyDelete