Thursday, April 7, 2011

Kyle Lake's Last Sermon

"Live. And Live Well. BREATHE. Breath in and Breathe deeply. Be PRESENT. Do not be past. Do not be future. Be now."
This is my favorite excerpt from his sermon because as a senior in high school I am looking forward so much to going to college and to my future, but at the same time i need to have fun with where i am now. i have so much to be thankful for and so much to enjoy right now, such as a loving family, great friends, and a great boyfriend. Also it's like life is moving so so fast, and im NOT Breathing and pausing to smell the roses.

"If you bike, pedal HARD...and if you crash, crash well."
I like this excerpt a lot because not long ago i rode my bike and crashed HARD. I received 2 bruises and a scrape on my knee. to me, this piece of advice means give everything your all, put all of your best efforts into everything you do, and don't regret any of it, and if you mess up (which i do a lot) don't be afraid to accept the fact that you are not perfect. now that i think about it, i don't regret riding my bike that day at all, even though i crashed and it hurt (and i still have the 2 bruises almost 4 weeks later). It was fun because i did something out of the ordinary and i was adventurous and i gave it my best efforts.

"At a family with friends and family, LAUGH"
this is influential to me because i LOVE to laugh, i will laugh at anything because it brings myself, and others, happiness. also it reminds me of how i need to be in the moment and love/enjoy where i am now.

"Taste every ounce of life. Because it is most definitely a gift."
sometimes we pass through this life and don't know what happened. we should always be attentive and perceptive, taking in all around us and enjoying every moment. we are way too busy for our own good. in college i am not getting nearly as involved in stuff as i am now in high school. it's nice to do stuff at school and be involoved, but not to the point where life is moving too fast and we are going going going non-stop! this causes us to not relax and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment