Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Radical Urgency

In your life right now, what is most "urgent and pressing"?
In my life, my future is most urgent right now. specifically my relationships in the future with my friends, my boyfriend, and my family. Going away to college puts lots of stress on the relationships in my life. My best friend is going to Africa, none of my really close friends are going to Baylor, my boyfriend will be 1000 miles away in Michigan, and i will be very separated from my family who i am so dependent on. going away to college is like the end of an era, and its something i have been thinking about lately: i will be much more independent, something i am not used to, i will not have close friends anywhere near by to keep me sane and in a good mood all the time, and my boyfriend who makes me so happy will not be anywhere near me until next thanksgiving break. I am basically starting anew, and its stressing me out, because im pretty happy with where i am now.
How have your career plans and personal life schedule taken on an urgent status in your life?
My career plans have taken an urgent status in my life because i will soon start preping for my career, so i need to start thinking about what would be best for my major and what would be most beneficial to my life and my future family and career. also my social life has become more inportant because i am a senior and i am trying to have as much fun as possible with as many of my friends
How is that unhealthy?
because i fail to live in the moment and sieze the day because i am too worried with my school work, my future and my relationships.
There is little urgency to reap harvest. there is little urgency to share the gospel truth with others. How can this be the case?
we can not see the reality of the harvest, so we don't seem to care. it is hard for us to see something not tangible, so we are not radically urgent about it.
What must we do to change this?
we must pray to God to let us see the radical urgency of reaping the harvest over the importance of our own lives and life plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment