Friday, February 18, 2011

MEW-Love Houston

Missions Emphasis Week is about how we can live missionaly in our lives, in the community and in the school. it is similar to Spiritual Emphasis Week where we have chapel everyday, except on the last day we go out in the community and do community service as representatives of the school. I thought the theme of Missions Emphasis Week, Love Houston, was ok. I don't really like Houston, so it was weird to LOVE Houston, but the point taken was that we should love the people in our community, which I liked. My favorite part was the band, the Robbie Seay Band, they are awesome, so it made my worship much better than normal. I didn't really feel that much more encouraged to love my community though, when the week was over. My experience at The Parish School was incredible. the school and their mission was so amazing and impressive and interesting that i am going to volunteer there starting after spring break because they have occupational therapy for kids at the school, and that is what i want to do with my life. it was frustrating for me that we had chapel everyday because not all the chapel talks were interesting, especially chap z's talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment