Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Francis Chan Questions

Francis Chan asked some really good, life altering, game changing questions in his sermon that he gave at Bethlehem Baptist. He asked questions like "do you think your spiritual reputation matches the truth in God's eyes?" and "are you lukewarm?". To answer the first question, to be honest, I don't really know the answer. I'm not sure what exactly I am projecting about my spiritual life to the outside world. I don't act like I have it all together spiritually, and on the inside, I don't have it all together. Also I don't think about how I want people to perceive me, I just act like myself, so I don't think I am sending a false message. On the other hand, I have a lot of knowledge about the bible, so it may seem like I know it all, but God knows, I don't know everything about the bible, and Christianity. To answer the second question, I don't think I'm lukewarm, the way Francis Chan explained it. I do believe in God and I don't fake that I believe or don't believe anything. I do however go through low points in my spiritual excitement, and I don't pretend that I don't have low points.

No comments:

Post a Comment