Thursday, August 19, 2010

Psalm 96:1 "Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth."

Today in Practical Missions A3 we analyzed Psalm 96 and Isaiah 58. Psalm 96 really stood out to me, particularly verse 1 and 2 "Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord praise His name." This passage challenged me to think: Is the 'song' that I am 'singing', the life that I am living, praising God? I would like to be able to say of course! But unfortunately some of the things I do are contradictory to what I should be doing or should be acting. For example, I am having particular trouble with forgiveness, patience, and prioritizing my life (putting God/The Word first). Not so much forgiving, as forgetting. This passage can be read as King David worshiping and praising God, but it can also be taken as a passage that causes one to reevaluate one's life. Everything I do in my life should be a reflection of my heart, which loves God and knows all the teachings of His ways, yet as a Christian I forget how I should act. I am taking steps to help me better prioritize my life. For example, I just recently established an accountability partnership with one of my best friends. Hopefully this partnership will help my 'song' become a praise and worship 'song' about God.

No comments:

Post a Comment