Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Israel's Missionary Call" by Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.

Why is it important to ME to grab hold of God's challenge of having a "mediatorial role in proclaiming His name among the nations" (Kaiser 16, Perspectives)
It is important to me that I spread the Word of God to people  around the world because of two things: First, God put us on the earth with the purpose of bringing Himself glory by all peoples of all nations knowing and praising Him, and secondly because I love God so much, I know that He is real, and I don't want people to miss out on the life of love they could lead. Kaiser, the author of the article "Israel's Missionary Call", asserts that we, as Christians, should bless others by showing God's love and grace o them because he has been so loving and gracious to us. This relates to my second reason, that I want to spread the Word of God because He has done wonderful things in my life, and I don't want others to be left out of this wonderful opportunity at a heavenly eternal life. In that same way, God doesn't want ANYONE to miss out on knowing Him, and He doesn't want to miss out on knowing ANYONE. He desires all of us, weather we are 'good people' or 'bad people'; beautiful or not beautiful; smart or dumb; screw ups or perfectionist. Therefore it is important to me to spread the Word of God because it will bring Him more glory, and because I love Him so much, that I think everyone should get to know and love Him too, so they can be happy and live happily FOREVER after.

No comments:

Post a Comment